Ten Tips on how to conserve water
- Run the washing machine only when fully loaded. The average amount of water used by a wash programme is 70 litres.
- Modify your toilets with a low-flush system!
- Repair dripping taps and faucets! Average loss of water from dripping is 1 litre per hour.
- Dont' use running water for cleaning or washing up!
- Repair leaky cisterns!
- Don't run water while brushing your teeth. Average loss of water: 6 litres per minute.
- Take showers instead of baths! A bath consumes 200 litres of water.
- Dont' hose down footpaths or driveways. Use a broom or mop!
- Water lawns and gardens in the evenings. Collect rainwater for spraying or water your garden!
- Dont' use a hose for car washing, but instead a bucket and sponge!
Copyright @ ara region bern ag, sofern nichts anderes angegeben